For the October 15 Determining Bias tutorial, click here.
You have your assignment, you have your topic (maybe…) and you want to get started with finding those four resources! Don’t feel overwhelmed by the library’s resources! If you spend a little extra time using the library website over Google, you end up saving time by getting more efficient, relevant and credible results!
This instructional session will:
- Identify key resources on the Barber Library website;
- Apply advanced search techniques to craft more efficient search statements and develop effective keywords;
- Review the importance of citations and use Barber Library resources to cite and manage your sources;
- Select and evaluate a Barber Library resource that can be used to research your topic.
This instruction session covers:
- Stump the librarian…what are your burning questions you want to ask that might make library research easier? (here are some answers to FAQs that might get you started….)
- COCC Barber Library Resources
- Searching Techniques
- Search Activity: Defining Your Keywords and Search Strategy