When getting started with any assignment requiring research, first ask yourself:
- Where does information come from?
- are you looking for books, journals, magazines, websites, people?
- What do you want your information to be like?
- when I’m looking for information, I want it to be accurate, authoritative, easy to understand, etc.
- What do you want your information to do for you?
- understand the topic, give examples, find inspiration and new ideas, etc.
Upon completion of this instructional session you will:
- Discover the resources available to you through the Barber Library;
- Use Barber Library resources to locate sources for your research topic and cite and manage those sources;
- Apply criteria to identify credible, quality resources.
The instruction session covers: