When getting started with your nursing assignments, first ask yourself:
- What do you want your information to do for you?
- Understand your topic, broad overview/context, give highly specific scenarios/examples, etc.
- What do you want your information to be like?
- Easy to understand, accurate, authoritative, peer-reviewed, etc.
- Where does information come from?
- Answering the first two questions will help you answer this question, and should inform where you’re looking;
- Understanding your topic, broad overview/context | easy to understand, accurate, authoritative….Encyclopedias & More!
- Highly specific scenarios/examples | accurate, authoritative, peer-reviewed….Articles & More!
- Protip: Don’t forget to check out Resources by Subject to find links to both encyclopedias and articles that are subject specific.
Upon completion of this instructional session you will:
- Discover resources to help with your Surgical Procedure Assignment and Communication Assignment that are available to you through the Barber Library;
- Use Barber Library resources to locate sources that give you broad overview information about surgical procedures;
- Use Barber Library resources to identify peer-reviewed articles about communication styles;
- Apply APA formatting to create citations with assistance from Barber Library tools;
- Know how to get help from librarians.
The instruction session covers:
I’d love to hear from you! At the end of this session, please complete the class evaluation form.