When you run into conflicting information, how do you deal with it? Finding resources for your school, health, finances or understanding the world around you–what’s at stake when you need to determine which source is authoritative, reliable and accurate?
This instructional session will:
- require and exercise your critical thinking abilities;
- ask you to think beyond Google (but not ignore it!) for your information needs;
- and request your eyes not glaze over when we discuss citations.
Upon completion you will:
- recognize the importance of finding credible information;
- evaluate a source’s credibility based on a set of criteria;
- identify the importance of citations;
- and use Barber Library resources to cite and manage your sources.
The instruction session covers: